Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar says he had been neglected by President Muhammadu Buhari’s government which he said he helped to power in 2015.
Atiku’s statement came a day after one of Buhari’s ministers, Jummai Alhassan, said she would resign from the cabinet should Atiku announce today he would run for president in 2019.
In an interview on Wednesday with the Hausa Service of the Voice of America (VOA), Atiku said he had been sidelined despite the fact that he used his contacts and resources to defeat the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.
Atiku spoke from Yola, Adamawa state where he celebrated the Eid-el- Kabir festival.
“Honestly speaking, I’m still a member of the APC; I was part of all the processes, including campaigns until success was achieved.
“But sadly, soon after the formation of government; I was sidelined, I have no any relationship with the government, I’ve not been contacted even once to comment on anything and in turn, I maintained my distance.
“They used our money and influence to get to where they’re but three years down the lane, this is where we are,” Atiku said.
He praised President Muhammadu Buhari on the successes recorded in the fight against Boko Haram, but said it is not yet time to celebrate because the ruling government has failed on many fronts.topics from