The killing of a Nigerian, Razak Ajao, in Polokwane, Limpopo Province of South Africa has been condemned by the Federal Government on Friday
Ajao’s killing came barely two months after several Nigerians and other Africans were attacked in Pretoria West, South Africa.
February’s attacks had seen at least 20 shops and homes — belonging to foreigners, mostly Nigerians — looted and burned.
Confirming the new attacks on Nigerians on Thursday, the Nigerian High Commissioner to South Africa, Ambassador Martins Cobham, said, “I can confirm that a Nigerian, Razak Ajao, an auto mechanic was killed and four others injured during a mob attack against foreigners in Polokwane, Limpopo Province of South Africa yesterday (Thursday).
“The Nigerian mission has formally registered a protest to the South African Ministry of Foreign Affairs on this sad incident. The ministry said they would get back to the mission and that is the situation we are now.”
Describing the fresh attacks as “pathetic,” the Senior Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Foreign Relations & Diaspora, Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, said it was unfortunate that no South African had been penalised so far for attacks on Nigerians.topics from